Sunday, November 8, 2009

Thing #21 Google Tools


I used Google Earth to find my school and save an arial image of it. I love when you type in a zip code and Google Earth starts to fly/zoom in on it. Google Earth has some many classroom applications. So many of my students have such limited prior knowledge. For them the whole world is basically their zip code. So many of them think Texas is a country. lol This would defintely would a useful tool to help them see themselves as part of a global community.

I also created a calendar. This could be a handy tool for project due dates and school events. The events I added to my calendar are all personal, but this tool could easily be incorporated into the classroom. The first thing that comes to mind would be Science Fair due dates. What a simple way for parents to access due dates.

No comments:

Post a Comment