Sunday, November 8, 2009

Thing # 20 Google Docs

This was my least favorite Thing. Yes, I was excited that I found a way to use Microsoft Office type products with buying the program. But, once I learned that, the novelty ended. I was glad to see that Google Presentations was included in the freebies. Students could use this application at home if they don't have Powerpoint. It could be used to create a collaborative presentation within a classroom, between classrooms in a district, or classrooms in another state or country. The spreadsheet application could be used similiarly to how it is being used in this course. A teacher could use it as a checklist for parents to see what parts of a student project have been completed and which ones their child lacks. The documents application could be used to let students collaborate on a writing project together.
OK, now that I listed all the ways it could be used in the classroom, I an a little more excited about it. lol Here's my collaborative document. And here's a Google Presentation I created.

No comments:

Post a Comment