Sunday, November 8, 2009

Thing #24 Summary

TA DA!!! I DID IT!!!

First of all, this course should be renamed to 27 Things! Just kidding! What did I learn? A whole bunch of GREAT stuff!

•What were your favorite discoveries or exercises on this learning journey?
My favorite would have to be Voice Thread. I really like it and want to use it in my classroom.

•How has this program affected your lifelong learning goals?
This course has really motivated me to use more technology in my classroom. I feel this task will now be more easily accomplished with the new set of tools I have gathered as a result of this class.

•What could we do differently to improve upon this program’s format or concept?
I honestly don't think at this moment that anything needs tweaking.

•If we offered another discovery program like this in the future, would you choose to participate?
If MISD offers another online discovery program like this, I will definitely sign up. I love the idea of a somewhat self-paced, at home, professional development activity.
•How will what you have learned influence your practice as a teacher or school librarian?
As I stated before, I am definitely going to use these tools in my classroom. I am always looking for ways to take my studemts to those upper levels of Bloom's Taxonomy. What better way to get them to the Creation level than through the use of technology. It's like killing 2 birds with one stone!
•How do you plan to keep up with new developments in web 2.0? Recommend a way that you have found to be useful.
I signed up to become a member of Classroom 2.0. Because so many of the discussion strands deal with new technology available on-line for use in the classroom, I think it will be an effective way for me to stay informed of the latest trends.


Hooray for me!!!!! I completed the 23 Things!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 comment: