Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Thing # 17 Podcasts

One of the podcasts that I previewed first was Grammar Girls Quick and Dirty Tips. While I was on the Quick & Dirty Tips page I also previewed Green Girls Quick and Dirty Tips, since I'm a huge tree hugger. I tried to take a look/listen to the Dragon Page with Class, but it was just way too busy for me. I would suggest they tone it down a notch or two.

I searched the Learn Out Loud directory of podcasts and found Just Vocabulary, which features 2 words each day, gives a pronunciation of them and uses them in contextual sentences several ways. Also on Learn Out Loud, I found the Naked Scientist Radio Show and Podcast. I could definitely use these in my classroom. Just vocabulary uses many of the SAT words that our district sends out for classroom use each week. This would be another to incorporate these words and podcasting into the classroom.

Currently in Social Studies class, my students are creating a podcast.

No comments:

Post a Comment