Sunday, November 1, 2009

Thing #11 Flickr


So many of the pictures on Flickr are just gorgeous! I searched Curacao, Willemstad, and Queen Emma Bridge in order to come up with photos I could use in the classroom. My classes are reading the novel The Cay, and I wanted them to be able to see some of the landmarks that are mentioned in the book. This a picture of the Queen Emma Bridge. It's a floating pontoon bridge that swings open to allow boats in and out of the harbor in Willemstad. This photo was taken by gailf548 and you can see more of gailf548's photos by clicking here.
I plan on using the pictures I downloaded as a focus activity before reading from the novel. As I explored some of the educational ideas for Flickr, I really liked the idea of teaching vocabulary with pics from the site.

No comments:

Post a Comment